Country Food Distribution Program
The funds available through the Country Food Distribution Program will support projects that help Nunavummiut meet their basic food needs by improving their access to affordable, healthy country food.
• Preparation of a sustainability plan for the operation of a community freezer. (A-1)
• Purchasing country food from harvesters to stock a community freezer. (A-2)
• Purchasing country food from harvesters for free distribution to the public. (A-3)
• Providing training to harvesters for harvesting and cut and wrap country food processing. (A-4)
• Provision of technical and professional services. (B-1)
• Repair of existing community freezer facilities. (B-2)
• Purchase and installation of new community freezer components and infrastructure, including chest freezers. (B-3)
• Installation and construction of associated cut and wrap facilities and equipment. (B-4)
• Acquisition of country food market equipment and supplies. (C-1)
• Design, purchase and installation of country food market infrastructure. (C-2)
• Country food market operations. (C-3)
Who can Apply:
• Hunters and Trappers Organizations as defined by Article 5.7 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement
• Societies registered under the Nunavut Societies Act,
• Municipal corporations, co-operatives registered under the Co-operatives Associations Act, and
• Not-for-profit corporations registered under the Canada Corporations Act Part II.
How to Apply:
1. Tell us about your idea. Contact your EDO, the ED&T regional office, or the Nunavut Anti-Poverty Secretariat.
2. Create a plan and a budget for what you want to do. (Help is available.)
3. Complete an application form.
4. Submit your application form to your EDO or any regional office of ED&T.
Country Food Distribution Program Application Form
Country Food Distribution Program Policy